Featured Not resolved
3.0
Quality of Food

I'm a faculty member at ODU and have recently been appalled by the reduction of the portion size a Panda Express. Today was the worse yet.

Attached you can see what I received for nearly $8.00. It's their Shaghi Steak and vegetables in a "$6.00" bowl. When I commented on the small portion size, the employee simply shrugged his shoulders and moved on to the next customer. In fairness to him, I had a similar reaction last week and was told by a female employee that there was a new manager who was strict about portion size (which is considerably smaller than it was about a month ago).

What you see in the image is what my nearly $8.00 got me... about 5 1/2 small lumps of steak, five or so strands of green beans, three pieces of cut mushrooms and a little onion - over fried rice.

By comparison, this equates to less than 2/3 of the meat and fixings you'd find on a quarter pounder at McDonald's or a Whopper at Burger King where the cost would easily be about $2.00 or more less. Sad, because the food at Panda isn't bad at all - just wish there was enough here to constitute calling it lunch.

Review about: Panda Express Shanghai Angus Steak Main Course.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Portion size for the price.

Comments